Tuesday, August 3, 2021

So this blog got taken down for a few hours

 Apologies to my approximately one regular reader who I've never talked to. It seems that updating the page with my personal info flagged the blog as a phishing site. I guess having your email address posted publicly could let people email you, which would let you find out their email address, a vital step in stealing their identity, I think.

At least that's my guess. No one told me what was wrong, of course. And I couldn't access the blog to fix it if I did know either. And I couldn't contact anyone to ask either. Fortunately, requesting a review gave results within hours.

The moral here is try to keep track of your blog ramblings and back them up if you think you might want to keep them, cause you never know if google will allow it or for how long.

No comments:

Post a Comment