Thursday, July 1, 2021

It's been a long strange night

 I'm eleven again, but this time I'm a girl.

I'm naked and perfectly invincible.

I'm flying in the air over the playground by holding a balloon on a rope.

I tell everyone I have invented imperishable concrete: You only have to mix 100 cc of water, an equal amount of sand and an egg.

It works. It will make bricks that will outlast the sun, outlast proton decay, outlast bronze.

(Of course it works, how else could I fly by holding a balloon on a rope?)

They all understand it immediately. Adults are writing it down.

Happy to have changed the world, I fly higher.

People appear in windows in the endlessly tall buildings, worried and warning.

They don't realize I can control my descent by releasing my hold on the balloon.

(I'm sitting on a knot in the rope, it's perfectly safe.)

Eventually flying gets so exciting I wake up.

Later that night I had a dream that a dream told me NFTs were so easy to hack they're worthless, because it turned out they all could be matched to various Gundam robot designs, and it turned out to be true and I became Twitter famous, but who knows, maybe at least one of these is a genuine prophecy.

No comments:

Post a Comment