Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Moments in comics history


Life comes at you fast. And like Heathcliff, it comes at angles you could never predict. I cannot understand how this gets published in stately, old, fun-hating, dying newspapers. I don't even know if it's doing this on purpose. But I hope so. It's like the comic has gone through the land of watered-down mediocrity inhabited by newspaper comic strips and come out the other side, past the lack of goals other than giving the audience a grunt of comfortable recognition into an unexplored space of spectacularly intense absurdity.

It makes me laugh. Often. Without a trace of bitterness or condescension. That's worth holding on to. Worth sharing. Worth considering deeply. Hey, why not go read it?

1 comment:

  1. There's a recurring plot thread about cats and people flying by blowing bubble gum I mean what the heck

    ReplyDelete